INGREDIENTS PER 8 PEOPLE
chestnut flour, 17 oz
extra virgin olive oil, 6 tbsp
raisin, 2,8 oz
rosemary, 1 handful of leaves
1 pinch of salt
shelled walnut, 3,5 oz
water, 3 cup
pine nuts, 3,5 oz
1. Warm up the oven to a temperature of 200 degrees.
2. Put the raisins into the water to soften it.
3. Sieve the flour into a bowl, then pour the water into it with a small amount of salt (it is also possible to pour a tablespoon of oil in the “enriched” version of the recipe ). Combine everything until you get a soft dough.
4. Strain the raisin and pour it into a bowl with the pine nuts and walnuts (not too finely shredded ), keeping a small amount of these 3 ingredients (which must then be spreaded on the cake) aside.
5. Add 6 tablespoons of olive oil in a shallow round pan with a diameter of about 40 cm. and spread it everywhere.
6. Add the dough into the pan and spread it evenly.
7. Scatter with raisin, walnuts and pine nuts over the top of the dough and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil (opting for the “enriched” version you will have to add 5 tablespoons of oil instead of 2 )
8. Cook the dough for 30 minutes until the top becomes dry forming small chinks, and walnuts and pine nuts become golden brown.
9. Bring the chestnuts cake to the table together with glass of Vin Santo wine ( the traditional Tuscan sweet white wine).
10. The “enriched” version has a higher dose of chestnut flour (600 gr.), water (800 gr.), Raisin (160 gr.) and olive oil (12 tablespoons).
Thanks to: Peter Houses